» Discuss All!
by robXben Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 pm

» New Moderator.
by monypm Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 am

» DASH forum
by Ryandrew8 Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 am

» LittleBigPlanet 2 Details
by Ryandrew8 Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 am

» How's It Like In Your Neck Of The Woods?
by monypm Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:26 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Blinklist  

Bookmark and share the address of LittleBigUniverse on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of LittleBigUniverse on your social bookmarking website

Top posters
Ryandrew8 (180)

Gregorythegamer (116)

robXben (109)

flamesterart (78)

ClockworkDemon (61)

tazzer_mazzer (56)

monypm (51)

sackninja (41)

JakeR(lmommi)from_LBL (24)

LBPisawesome2 (23)

My level creation tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My level creation tips

Post  tazzer_mazzer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 am

this is where i will update regularly on my level tips

1.before you do anything you need to pdc, plan draw create, plan it in your head first and don't just go "space station there lets go create" no think more like "i will have the frying pan here then the elecric fan here which activates a emitter which emits..." then draw it it does't matter whether or not your a good drawer as long as you can understand the drawing just draw the level out in your head then create

2.limit yourself to 3-5 materials choose the ones that match your theme and ones that compliment things doing this will minimise the thermometer and if you need more than 5 get a bit of cardboard and sticker the material you need and it will look like that material due to this cardboard should always be in your 5

3.play other levels and get inspired well theres over 2 million levels out there and theres loads of awesome levels aswell play your favorite levels and find the awesome parts of it that make it your favorite level then get inspired do not copy it just get inspired by it

4.use the corner edit tool you should not have a shape that does'nt get pulled around with the corner editer unless your going for something that uses loads of squares i.e. a space station or a labortory.

5. use the grid when making things that need a perfect fit or logic or a space station some people also use the grid for scenary and gameplay but i prefer to do the scenary and gameplay normally

6.do not use media molecole created objects even if it is your first level doing this makes a level feel rushed and like you didn't care about it also some people consider doing this ruins a whole level try to create your own objects but don't worry there are objects mm created that you can use for example the cog i have never seen a homemade cog just sticker it differant or change material of it. unless your doing a level which carry ons from the mm story in which case do use mm objects.

7.use all 7 layers use the thin layers for scenary unless it's something that doesn't have scenary in the middle like a lab but if it's a forest use the thin for trees and you should no matter what level it is always use all three layers for gameplay

this will be updated regularly tongue

Last edited by tazzer_mazzer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

tazzer_mazzer
Sackboy
Sackboy

LittleBigScore : 2764

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My level creation tips

Post  robXben on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 am

Nice tips, this is what I mean, you don't need LBL topics, you created a good one by yourself. Very Happy
robXben
Admin
Admin

LittleBigScore : 2838

View user profile http://littlebiguniverse.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tazzer_mazzer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:47 am

why thank you i plan to update as i think of more Very Happy still thinking there just updated for the first time

tazzer_mazzer
Sackboy
Sackboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sackninja on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm

whoa awesome guide. Here is a tip. Don't just use mm objects. Make your own execp for 3d objests like the flag or if your making a continuation of the story then use the story charecters. Smile
sackninja
Sackboy
Sackboy

LittleBigScore : 2715

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tazzer_mazzer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

yeah i will add that in btw ben can you make it so i can edit this forever please because tomorrow i won't be able to edit anymore No

tazzer_mazzer
Sackboy
Sackboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryandrew8 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Ya,Dont use Community objects when entering a comp......They might look at that..

Active Sack
Active Sack

LittleBigScore : 2820

View user profile http://http:/whiteknightforum.finddiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flamesterart on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:24 pm

it is always best to make your own objects, bus it is ok if you take apart community and mm objects to find out how they are made so that you can make your own.
flamesterart
Sackboy
Sackboy

LittleBigScore : 2738

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  flamesterart on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:25 pm

EDIT: you can take them apart by smashing them and then look at what didn t fall off after samshing one layer of it.
flamesterart
Sackboy
Sackboy

LittleBigScore : 2738

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryandrew8 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm

the tips are OK,but not fantastic

Active Sack
Active Sack

LittleBigScore : 2820